Cook Holidays - a listing of some guests' complaints during the
1. "I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local
store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger
2. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers to close in the afternoons. I
often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time - this should be
3. "On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that
almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food at
4. "We booked an excursion to a water park, but no-one told us we
had to bring our swimming costumes and towels."
5. A tourist at a top African Game Lodge overlooking a water hole,
who spotted a visibly aroused elephant, complained that the sight of
this rampant beast ruined his honeymoon by making him feel
6. A woman threatened to call police after claiming that she'd been
locked in by staff. When in fact, she had mistaken the "do not
disturb" sign on the back of the door as a warning to remain in the
7. "The beach was too sandy."
8. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your
brochure shows the sand as yellow but it was white."
9. A guest at a Novatel in Australia complained his soup was too
thick and strong. He was inadvertently slurping the gravy at the
10. "Topless sunbathing on the beach should be banned. The holiday
was ruined as my husband spent all day looking at other women."
11. "We bought 'Ray-Ban' sunglasses for five Euros from a street
trader, only to find out they were fake."
12. "No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children
13. "There was no egg slicer in the apartment..."
14. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi
drivers as they were all Spanish."
15. "The roads were uneven.."
16. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England it
only took the Americans three hours to get home."
17. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom apartment to our
friends' three-bedroom apartment and ours was significantly
18. "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the accommodations. We
are trainee hairdressers - will we be OK staying there?"
19. "There are too many Spanish people. The receptionist speaks
Spanish. The food is Spanish. Too many foreigners now live abroad."
20. "We had to queue outside with no air conditioning."
21. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or
unruly guests before we travel."
22. "I was bitten by a mosquito, no-one said they could bite."
23. "My fiance and I booked a twin-bedded room, but we were placed
in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact
that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had
put us in the room that we booked."
They walk among us, they vote and they breed!!!
Be careful! Very careful!